Sunday 10 June 2012

Windows Live Messenger Contact List Empty

 

My Windows Live Messenger contact list was empty for 2 days. After restart PC still the same. Finally this trick help me fix it.

1. Exit Messenger

2. Go to Run and enter

    Windows 7
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts

    Windows XP
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts

2. Delete folder name with your HOTMAIL email address

3. Launch Messenger and Hooray ! Your contact is BACK !

1 comment:

  1. My contact list was empty because I changed my PC Date two months to future, and messenger was opened.
    I was unable to connect until I change date to original, after this my list was cleared.
    I've done this and worked again.
    What happens with messeger? Crazy app =/
    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete